EltaMD™ is founded on the belief that the responsible and innovative application of medical expertise and science will change the way physician-dispensed skin care products treat people. The EltaMD sun care line includes a complete spectrum of sun care products, one for every skin type and unique need. EltaMD skin care products focus on providing safe, effective skin care that includes deep, gentle cleansing and intense moisturization for all skin types, including the most sensitive skin.
About EltaMD's Sun Care Products:
What you should know about the sun...
It causes 90% of all skin cancers:
- Overcast days are not much safer than those that are sunny, as 70-80% of the sun's ultraviolet rays can get through the clouds.
- The sun is about 80% stronger when reflected off sand and snow.
- The sun's rays increase in intensity about 4% for every 1,000-foot rise in altitude.
- It's better to play or engage in sports before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m. If that's not possible, try to avoid being out at high noon.
- The sun weakens the immune system, reducing your defense against infection.
- In general, kids can get all the vitamin D they need for strong bones from fortified milk, salmon, vitamin supplements and/or brief, casual sun exposure.
About EltaMD's Skin Care Products:
- An all over moisturizer applied daily will help keep skin moist, but you might consider a rich, emollient moisturizer like EltaMD Moisturizer in the winter months to help combat the affects of cold, dry air. EltaMD Moisturizer seals moisture into the surface (preventing the moisture from evaporating). It is safe for even the most sensitive skin, fragrance-free, preservative-free and noncomedogenic.
- The best time to moisturize is after a shower and before bed, because studies show that more transepidermal water loss occurs overnight than during the day. If you like your morning shower but your skin is dry, then moisturize again before you hit the sheets.
There are three key steps to healthy skin:
CLEANSE with a pH balanced cleanser that doesn't contain ingredients like AHAs or Glycolic acids that may irritate sensitive skin. MOISTURIZE with an oil-based moisturizer or lotion with a petrolatum base for maximum moisture retention and no sensitivity issues. PROTECT with a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects the skin from exposure to both UVA and UVB rays.
Current EltaMD Promotions: