How Drinking Water Helps Your Skin
There are so many great benefits of drinking water for your health including stronger hair and nails, ridding toxins and even weight loss…but did you know drinking water also helps you achieve gorgeous skin?
I may not be the best person about drinking my daily recommendation of 8-10 glasses of water …but I still try to at least come close to it. I’ve attempted the gallon jug with times and ounces on it but that seemed to overwhelm me much more than it should have which then had me drinking even less water (Plus, I wasn’t gonna carry a jug with me all day!).
I then purchased water bottles with an infuser built right in so I can add my favorite ingredients which allowed me to drink much more than I used to and I actually enjoy the taste (I love the cucumber mint!). To make sure I always have water on hand, I always prepare a few different infused versions ahead of time so I can just grab and go throughout the day….making life just a little bit easier.
Plenty of Water, Many Benefits…
Take Steps To Better Health and Better Skin…
It’s as simple as replacing a few sodas or juices during the day with glasses of ice water, or enjoying a hot green tea which also will help keep your body and skin hydrated. According to the Institute of Medicine, adult men should be drinking 13 glasses of water while adult women should be having 9. If you live in a warmer climate or you are larger or more active then you should be drinking even more of your daily water intake.
So start looking up some fun new infused water combinations or create your own and enjoy! Bottoms up!
- Drinking water helps create more supple, plumper skin
- You’re giving your skin a hydrated, luminous glow
- Your complexion gets corrected
- The texture of your skin changes
- Wrinkles and other signs of aging minimize while your skin stays hydrated
- Larger pores seem to appear less prominent
- When you’re dehydrated, your skin appears dull, dry and wrinkled
- The more water you drink, the more blood flow is increasing to the skin
- When you’re hydrated, it alters density and thickness of the skin
- Helps prevent breakouts from occurring while it lowers the oil production
- Hydration creates a protective barrier which saves your skin from excess loss of fluid
- To keep the protective barrier locked with moisture, apply a good moisturizer to seal it in.
Blog Written by askderm's Guest Esthetician
Stephanie Ivonne is a New Jersey licensed Esthetician. Her fun-loving, outgoing personality will shine through her product selections & reviews to help you discover the hottest skincare and beauty products.
When Stephanie is not scouring the internet for the next hot skincare product, she is a mother to two wonderful biological children, a dedicated foster mom and is devoted to her husband of 13 years.